Sunday 2 October 2011

Fit To Be Wed


I had my very last fitting for my gown this past Friday, and I am so thrilled with the final product! I have to be honest and say I find the alterations process a little nerve-racking, with all the little changes and adjustments that need to be made, it’s a scary thought that it may not turn out to be what you’ve envisioned.

One piece of advice; trust your seamstress. Not only have they done this many times before, but most dignified bridal salons come equipped with the best of the best when it comes to altering their gowns for their clientele.

I was fortunate enough to have the very talented Thea, of The White Dress Bridal Couture in Ottawa, work her magic for me. From nips and tucks to the tricky job of modifying the neckline, the dress turned out so beautifully and I couldn’t be happier with the end result!

As my mother and I were leaving the store, we were handed a large garment bag containing the gown, the veil, and all other bells and whistles. My mom “cradled” the bag in her arms and then said “I don’t think I was this nervous when I brought you home from the hospital!” We all had a good laugh before gently placing our precious cargo in the back seat of the car.

In exactly two weeks’ time I’ll be all dressed in white and becoming a Mrs.
FINAL COUNTDOWN. Ahh!!!

Sincerely,

S

No comments:

Post a Comment