Thursday 6 October 2011

Colour Me Pretty

“I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and... I believe in miracles.”  Audrey Hepburn

The day Mr. X popped the question I had my nails painted bright white.  I loved the colour until the ring was on my finger and then I suddenly couldn’t stand it.  In every picture (and I took at least 100) I couldn’t help but be distracted by the white nails instead of my pretty new ring.  For the first month, I kept my nails painted in neutrals, thinking it should be about the ring.  Then I realized that I was not willing to sacrifice my love for nail polish.  After all, anything goes with diamonds!!

Here are my recent favourites from Essie:

Show Me the Ring (how perfect??) 

Chinchilly
Blushing Bride

Devil's Advocate

Walk Down the Aisle (I couldn't resist!)


And for those of you, like me, who swear by Shellac; check out the best colours to sport with or without a rock:


Ashphalt (my new obsession!)

Rock Royalty

Romantique


Hot Pink Pop

Yours truly,

A


1 comment: