Thursday 1 December 2011

Let Them Eat Cake


"Rule #64 - Always save room for cake." - Wedding Crashers

Last week, I went to a live show of the Cake Boss, did my cake tasting and celebrated my birthday.  It was a ‘sweet’ week to say the least.  Then to top it off Blair Waldorf also did her cake tasting on Monday. It seemed everything this week was cake-related and I didn’t mind one bit! I chose to call Cake Opera Co. to make my wedding and they were wonderful in fitting me in quickly since our date is approaching.  Note to brides, apparently this is typically done 6 months in advance (who knew??) so book your cake consultations early.
When I initially met with the ladies at Cake Opera Co., I told them that Mr. X did not want to be a part of the design since I wanted the cake to emulate my dress.  However, he did want to participate in the tasting, after all he’s a man and it involved food. They were very understanding and said they had a solution to accommodate us.  I met with their artist and baker this past weekend and was wowed by their warmth, friendliness and talents.  We spoke all about the design of our cake as well as the options for our sweet table, night before festivities and a groom’s cake.  They had many suggestions and I really admired their professionalism and spirits.  At the end of our consultation, they presented me with a box of 10 flavours to bring home and sample with Mr. X.  They also gave me a detailed list of each option and made suggestions on which order to sample them.  Over the weekend, my parents, MOH, best friend, Mr. X and I sampled their sweets and unanimously chose a flavour.  I never thought it would be that easy but yet another thing has been crossed off our list.
After a week filled with shows and discussions about cake, I put together a list of my favourite wedding cakes:


Photo taken from Pinterest


Photo taken from Style Me Pretty


Photo taken from Martha Stewart Weddings


Photo taken from Wedding Bells


Photo taken from Style Me Pretty


Photo taken from Martha Stewart Weddings


Photo taken from Cake Opera Co.


Photo taken from Martha Stewart Weddings


Photo taken from Project Wedding Blog

The hardest part will be cutting into such a masterpiece.  Have a sweet day everyone!

Yours truly,

A

No comments:

Post a Comment