Thursday 8 December 2011

Showered with Love

"The best way to learn to be a lady is to see how other ladies do it" - Mae West

On Sunday two of my wonderful Aunts threw a Champagne Brunch in my honour and it was most definitely a blog worthy day!  From start to finish it was a day that I will remember forever and cannot express how much it meant to me to have all the lovely ladies in my life gathered for an afternoon.  For those of you reading that were a part of the planning or were there to enjoy it – thank you!

Upon entering guests were greeted with a display of multi-coloured cupcakes formed like a scrabble board (my ultimate fave!).  I could not believe my eyes when I saw it.  It was filled with words about love and marriage and was extraordinary.  Barbara at Lollicakes outdid herself again with this beautiful display and they sure did taste good too.




There was a beautiful spread served, which included party sandwiches, caprese salad skewers, smoked salmon latkes, cheese blintzes and did I mention french toast on a stick?  Everything was scrumptious and the presentation was stunning.  They had the table adorned with tea cups and tea pots and had wedding cake candles throughout.  And it would not be complete if I didn’t mention the wonderful desserts that my Grandmother made from scratch.







Midway through the afternoon my aunts presented me with a cookbook called “Cooking With Love”.  It is a book comprised of recipes, anecdotes, and stories from all of the women invited as well as some of the men in my life.  The book includes some pictures that I had never seen before, some recipes I have been asking for for years, some family secrets and some recipes from women that have passed away.  I am honoured to now have my Bubby’s chicken soup, which I plan to make for years to come, some Dutch delicacies that I have always adored but had no idea how to make, as well as my friends’ parents recipes that I grew up eating.  It is such an amazing gift and took me by complete surprise.  I will cherish it forever and look forward to making my loved ones’ favourite recipes.  My only concern is that now everyone will expect me to cook ;)



I laughed and I cried (and maybe blushed) opening some extremely thoughtful gifts.  As I went through the presents at home with Mr. X, I was again overwhelmed by the generosity, and feel so blessed to be surrounded by such an amazing network of women.  I have realized that getting married is so much more than I ever anticipated.  The love and kindness we have been ‘showered’ with is so amazing and I will never forget this feeling.  We are so lucky to have two families supporting us on this journey and so many friends by our side.

Thank you to my Aunt Shelley and Kim for hosting such an amazing day!

Yours truly,

A

No comments:

Post a Comment