Thursday 1 March 2012

Post Wedding Rant from A


“A man in love is incomplete until he is married.  Then he's finished.”  -Zsa Zsa Gabor

It’s been 10 days since Mr. X and I tied the knot and I have to admit I don’t think either of us has come down yet from the high. I know eventually the post wedding blues will kick in but we are trying to ride this wave for as long as possible.

Our wedding day went off without a hitch and I spend quite some time wishing we could do it all again, watching our wonderful SDE video and looking at whatever photos we’ve been sent by guests. I was so worried about the wedding being over and missing the ‘planning’ but it seems I have had almost the opposite reaction. I, of course, will miss the wedding planning process and the endless decisions, but I am so happy with how everything turned out that I can’t help but be happy. Also, after the wedding comes planning the honeymoon, picking (and writing) thank you cards, making an album, creating a wedding shrine down my hallway (oops, I mean a photo wall) and lots of other fun details like calling your man your husband (it's so fun!).  It also allows us to resume regular life which is nice. This past weekend, it was nice to not have a list to cross or an errand to run for the wedding.

And now for my best advice for any soon-to-be newlyweds; head out of town right after your wedding. I am not suggesting you jetset across the globe for your honeymoon as I don’t think I would have been ready to take off that fast, but just a mini getaway (a mini-moon if you will) to spend some uninterrupted time with your spouse. We were the lucky recipients of 2 nights, spa services and meals at the J W Marriot resort in Muskoka by some of our best friends. It was an amazing gift! Mr. X and I got to spend 2 full days catching up on sleep, ordering room service, watching movies and being pampered, while trying to relive every moment of our wedding day.  It was a great escape and allowed us to push back reality for a little longer.  

Whatever you do, when it’s your turn, enjoy being a bride! Not just on your wedding day but for the entire process. It is a time for you and your hunny to plan the day you will be married and it is important to never lose sight of that. Also, your wedding day will be the best day of your life!!!

I promise more details from the wedding to follow…

Yours truly,

A

No comments:

Post a Comment