Tuesday 31 January 2012

You Know You Love Me

"Some say love is a river, some says love's a silly song. Some say love is all around us. It lifts us up where we belong. Some say love is hearing laughter in the rain. But on the Upper East Side, we all know love is pain."  - Gossip Girl

I couldn’t help but glue myself to the TV last night as Blair Waldorf tied the knot to her not so charming Prince.  There was great attention to detail and although they might not have a ‘happily ever after’, it was a lavish and stunning affair.  
It was no surprise that peonies were used, as they are Blair’s favourite flower, and I adored her bouquet.  The men’s boutonnieres however were quite large and looked like they were taking over their lapels.  I was pleased with Blair’s choice of Vera gowns, although I personally preferred the one she was shown trying on a couple of weeks ago (of course, that’s because it was also one of my personal faves).  In my opinion, the real highlight was Serena's Vera Wang gown.  It was perfection!  Blair's make-up was flawless and I plan on making it my mission to find her lip colour (Chanel, I’m assuming?), and my only real criticism would be her choice of ‘do.  She looked a little too straggly to be marching the aisle and although the tiara was show-stopping, her hair needed a trim and some extra pizzazz.  All in all it was a beautiful wedding with one detail to be seen again on February 19th.   Any guesses?
Check out some highlights from the ‘Royal Wedding’:
Highlights from the 100th episode of Gossip Girl

I LOVED her bouqiet

The lovely ladies of GG

The Vera Wang dress she was fitted for in an earlier episode


Blair's getaway car to end the show


XOXO,

A


No comments:

Post a Comment