Tuesday 27 September 2011

Move Over Pippa, I was "Maid" for This!

“A friend is someone who lets you have total freedom to be yourself.”  Jim Morrison

I was recently asked to be my friend J’s maid of honour!! Today is her birthday so in her honour, I would like to share the story of how she asked me to be a part of her big day! While she was over for dinner a few weeks ago she said she had something for me.  She handed me a beautiful picture frame with an embarrassingly funny picture of the two of us inside.  At closer look, I saw that she wrote in silver marker, “Will you be my Maid of Honour?”  Of course!!  I was thrilled! It was such a creative and fun way of asking and now I have a great frame for my mantle.

I have always been an Etsy fanatic but as a bride-to-be my love turned into an obsession.  S and I will continue to post our favourite Etsy finds so stay tuned.  For those of you looking for cute ways of asking your friends to join you for the ride, here are some great cards you can order and personalize for them

If I hadn’t asked my sister the minute we got engaged, I think this card would have been perfect! It is so candid and cute and depicts exactly what a perfect MOH does (holds her dress while she pees!!).



Below are more of my favourites:













All photos were taken from etsy.com

Happy Birthday J! I am so excited to be a part of your wedding day!

Yours truly,

A

No comments:

Post a Comment