Wednesday 16 November 2011

WTB Hearts: Shabby Mcfabby


Chalkboard menus? Check. Mirrored seating charts? Check.  Vintage framed table numbers? Check.

We are big fans of the shabby chic trend that’s hit the wedding scene over the last while, and the wonderful Shabby Mcfabby has all the elements covered. Whether it’s a running theme for the big day, or small, special touches are added to a more traditional, or modern spread, this Etsy shop is bursting with vintage style creations.

These are just some of our obsessions, but visit the Shabby Mcfabby shop to explore their extensive selection;

Large Baroque gold ornate frame - $155 USD

Set of 15 hang tags with vintage keys - $75 USD

Small ornate vintage style high gloss frames - $60

Vintage framed roses chalkboard - $125

Ornate vintage inspired high gloss magnet board - $48 USD
Vintage style decorative birdcage card holder - $57 USD
all photos taken from Etsy

Not too shabby, is it :)

Until next time,

A & S

3 comments:

  1. The key tags has a huge importance, also decrease the chance of losing keys.

    Why the people use the coins or nails or other things for scratching the Scratch Cards when they have the plastic key tags?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The key tags has a huge importance, also decrease the chance of losing keys using Scratch Card
    .

    ReplyDelete
  3. BUYERS BEWARE. SHABBYMCFABBY'S STORE IS FRAUDULENT. YOU ARE NOT BUYING VINTAGE. YOU ARE BUYING A BRAND NEW FRAME!!

    THESE ARE BRAND NEW FRAMES THAT HAVE BEEN REPAINTED AND MARKED UP TO AN EXTREMELY HIGH PRICE.


    I bought what I thought was a vintage frame from shabbymcfabby(because it was listed as Vintage in the headline and she referred to it several times as vintage in our messages to each other).

    When I saw the exact same frame at IKEA it was a horrible feeling. The shabbymcabby shop completely mislead me, to put it nicely. Kimber, who runs shabbymcfabby is a fraudulent liar to put it bluntly.

    The funny thing is I found out it was an IKEA frame before I even got my mirror. Before the order had been shipped. I tried to cancel my order with shabbymcfabby. I just wanted to wash my hands of the entire situation. There was no reasoning with Kimber from shabbymcfabby. The run around 'conversation' via messages was hard to deal with. I asked for a refund. She chose to stand by her store policy and not refund me. Kimber stated my frame would be to my house by a certain time. It is now MONTHS late. I still have not received my mirror and frame! So here we are.

    LONG STORY SHORT:

    My entire beef with Kimber and shabbymcfabby surprisingly isn't the fact that they are selling repainted IKEA frames.

    (or not painted. I don't believe for a second that they do actually repaint the black and white frames they buy from IKEA & then sell on etsy)

    Reworked stuff can totally be cool. It's the fact that they blatantly lie about what their product is. They call it vintage and handmade when it is NOT. I don't expect for them to state flat out that their product is from IKEA. I do except them to be honest about what the product they are selling is. Plain and simple.

    Call it a new frame they added their own touches to, painted, or reworked. Whatever.

    Do not call a product VINTAGE when it is BRAND NEW or HANDMADE when it is a MASS PRODUCED PRODUCT FROM A GIANT CORPORATION. I expect not to be lied to.

    It is fraudulent and shabbymcfabby knows it. I think deep down etsy knows it too. Which is why they keep shutting down her store.

    Where you can find more people she's conned: http://etsycallout.wordpress.com/2011/07/07/shabbymcfabby-dreamyweddings/#comments

    Where you can find the same frame at IKEA:
    http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40213759/

    ReplyDelete