"Any fool can be a father, but it takes a real man to be a daddy!" - Philip Whitmore
The father daughter dance is a beautiful and touching (albeit cheesy) tradition. It is bittersweet for a father to give his daughter away on her wedding day and their dance is a tribute to the special relationship they share. With your wedding day being dedicated to you and your groom, your dance with your dad allows you to slow down and have a cherished moment with your old man. In honour of Father's Day, we have put together a list of our top 10 song choices for Daddy/Daughter dances at your wedding reception (in no particular order).
1. Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton
2. My Girl by The Temptations
3. You are the Sunshine of My Life by Stevie Wonder
4. The Way You Look Tonight by Frank Sinatra
5. Isn't She Lovely by Stevie Wonder
6. Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle (A's choice!)
7. Lullabye by Billy Joel
8. I Loved Her First by Heartland (a real tearjerker)
9. Landslide by Fleetwood Mac
10. Have I Told You Lately by Rod Stewart
Wishing all the dads the very best today and always. We would especially like to send a huge thank you to both of our fathers for everything they have done for us in the last year. Our weddings would not have been what they were without you and we are sincerely grateful and lucky to have you.
Happy Father's Day!
Until Next Time,
A & S