Tuesday 7 February 2012

Tic Toc, Tic Toc

"I must govern the clock, not be governed by it." - Golda Meir

As I write this post, I am in awe that my wedding is less than 2 weeks away. These past 7 months have flown by so quickly but I can honestly say it has been the happiest time of my life. So many people focus on the stressful parts of planning a wedding (and I get why), however, I can’t help but be blown away by how much I love this process. It helps that I have a passion for party planning and have been blessed with two sets of parents that want the absolute best for Mr. X and I. I think the most important thing to remember throughout the planning process is that this is an exciting time. The bottom line is you get to marry the man of your dreams and be surrounded by your friends and family. What could be better than that!?

In the last few weeks we have nailed every detail down to the ground and it is definitely starting to feel real.  We have done our food tasting and we couldn’t have been happier. The Chef form our venue came out in between each course and explained in detail each dish. He also made us sample hors d’oeuvres and desserts and by the end we were almost rolling ourselves out the door. It was such a nice thing for us to with our parents and it only got everyone more excited for the big day. Our planner also joined us that day and I would recommend this to anyone. She sat with us during each course to discuss timing and logistics of the cocktails, meals, desserts, and floor plan. It was helpful to have her there to jot down all of our comments and notes and walk through the venue with her.

My mom and I also attended our make-up and hair trials together and we were both very happy. Trials are very important to work out any kinks before the big day. It also gives your experts a chance to get to know you and discuss the scheduling for the day.

Next up was my final fitting. I was very happy with the work that the seamstress did but I have learned a very important lesson; do not start a new diet after you do your initial fitting. Based on travel time and convenience I had my first fitting just over a month ago and when I arrived this week for the final fitting, it didn’t fit. The seamstress dealt with it professionally and guaranteed she would have it ready. I am thankful that it was too big and not too small because it will be easier to fix and that we still have 2 weeks to make the changes needed. My best piece of advice would be to leave your fitting to the last minute; it will save you time and money.

The last detail was the table assignments and I am happy to say that it has been checked off my list as complete. It is not easy to narrow down your guest list into groups but after much rearranging we are finally done.

I had my facial and booked my waxing, mani and pedi. I got my last minute accessories to complete my outfits for the weekend and got every necessary precaution ready in case of inclement weather. I think it’s safe to say our wedding is officially around the corner and I can confidently say that I am ready!!!

12 (Fisher) days and counting!

Yours truly,

A

1 comment: